My name is Lisa and I loved Baby Sensory from the first time I ever went to a class.
I have been running in my areas since 2013 and still love attending the classes with all the babies and parents, grandparents and nannys that come.
I took my first girl back in 2010. It captured her attention and mine and we had such fun too. Having a new baby was wonderful but also so exhausting but Baby Sensory was something that I always managed to get to and would not miss. I even found a mention in my diary I kept for her saying how much I enjoyed taking my baby and how it was the one class I would never miss!
As well as having fun I started to understand my baby more and get some brilliant ideas for home play. I also took my baby boy in 2013. It had the same effect on him too. We all enjoyed it so much and we still sing the songs we learnt to this day.
In classes the bond I felt with my both babies suggested to me Baby Sensory was really something special.
The opportunity came up to run the Barnet region and I jumped at the chance to change career and run Baby Sensory.
I cannot think of any other job that I loved to as much to do: to have a fun, to share an experience with parents and babies and to help their development and the bond between you and your baby.
I look forward to running classes with you and sharing the wonderful experience you can have with your babies.
I was delighted to be a FINALIST for OUTSTANDING Class Leader in the South region out of so many others nominated.
And Baby Sensory took the best activity for under 2’s which just goes to show how much it means to parents and theirs babies.
Please like the Facebook page for my classes to share those lovely photos and keep you up to date on any events too: https://www.facebook.com/babysensorybarnet/
Finalist for Outstanding Class Leader in the South region 2016 What’s on For Awards as voted by parents attending.
Mother of two
MSc Psychology and Health
NVQ Level 2 Care
Author of bedtime book: Good Night, Sleep Tight by Lisa Robson
Story Telling Training
In school reading support
Baby Sensory in-house training qualification - fully completed after a year of running classes
MULTI- AWARD winning Baby Sensory classes are run by Lisa.
Lisa was also a finalist in Outstanding Class Leader for the Whats on 4 awards in 2016
Monday Mornings - Elstree & Borehamwood;
Wednesdays - Southgate (Oakwood);
Thursdays – Potters Bar.
There is free parking at all venues
I run rolling classes (opposed to term time) so your block of ten starts when there is an agreed start date for you and your little one. Holidays do follow school breaks (in accordance with Haringey terms).
These locations are easily accessible for parents living in the local communities including; Barnet, Totteridge & Whetstone, Brookmans Park, Enfield, Mill Hill, Edgware, Potters Bar, Southgate, Hampden Square, Osidge, Brunswick Park, Oakhill Park, Oakwood, Cockfosters, Radlett, Shenley, Arnos Grove, Oakleigh Park, Hadley Wood, Arkley, South Mimms, Radlett, Northaw, Mill Hill, Cockfosters, Hadley Wood, Trent Park, Cuffley, East Barnet, New Barnet., Friern Barnet, High Barnet, New Southgate, Borehamwood, Elstree, Ridge.
If you are looking for an exciting activity which will be fun for you and will help with your baby’s sensory development call your Class Leader, Lisa, who will arrange for you and your baby to visit one of her classes.
We can also run a BABY SENSORY PARTY for your little ones.
Baby Sensory Parties are designed to your specification, contact Lisa for more information.
You are welcome to come for a taster session to see what we do before booking your sessions. Please contact us if you would like to arrange one. We run regular taster sessions throughout the year and in the classes. If there is space available after your taster session you will be able to enrol onto the class.
You can join a class at any time providing there are places available.
We advise you to read our terms and conditions which are situated at the bottom of this page before booking your place in a class.
If the class has a wait list you can still register your details and we will contact you as soon as a place becomes available.
We look forward to meeting you and your baby soon.
The cost is £85 for the 10 week block of sessions (payable via bank transfer before you join).
If you book online, an automated email will arrive to confirm your reservation then I will follow with payment instructions.
These are Baby Sensory booking terms and conditions. Please read before booking a place in a class.
- You can join a class at any time if there is a place available.
- Bookings are non-transferrable in most cases but Baby Sensory may be able to split your booking across two venues if spaces become available.
- It is essential that you watch your babies at all times during the session and listen to any advice on equipment being used.
- If your baby is ill we request that they are kept home for 48 hours from the last bout of illness. If there are any infections that can be passed on please seek and follow Drs advice. If you were unaware of illness on attending please inform your class leader so they can inform others who were in the same class to prevent further infection.
- Shoes are to be removed on the mats and play area to keep them clean from outside dirt.
- Feeding babies - you are welcome to feed babies during the class but please take care around the fleeces and equipment.
- Regretfully, Baby Sensory is unable to offer concessions or add on missed sessions for sickness or holidays. You are welcome to give your place to a friend if you know you will be away. Subject to availability, we may be able to fit you into another class that week or during your booking in an alternative venue but this is not guaranteed.
- Regretfully, once a course or event is started Baby Sensory is unable to offer a refund. If seven days notice is given PRIOR to the course or event starting then we can offer a refund (minus admin fee of £5).
- If your class leader is unable to run your class because of illness etc Baby Sensory will try and substitute an alternative class leader. If this isn't possible you will be notified of cancellation by text or phone call. In this case where the class leader cancelled the session we will add a 'catch up' class at the end of your booking.
- In certain exceptional circumstances Baby Sensory may be prevented from running classes due to situations beyond their control. These may include fire, floods or treacherous driving conditions (snow or ice) which would pose a risk to our class leaders and parents if they ventured onto the roads or to the venue. Baby Sensory reserves the right not to refund due to the exceptional nature of the circumstances.
- When you have reserved a place, Baby Sensory can only hold your place for 3 days without payment and Baby Sensory reserves the right to cancel your booking.
- At times, we have an official photographer or your class leader might take a photo in class. Please inform your class leader on the day if you DO NOT wish photographs of you and your baby to be included in any promotional material.
- When we have a class photographer in, a registration form with your permission, or refusal, for photo use will be recorded. After the photo shoot, the photographer will be sent your email, so they can send you a secured link to photos taken in the class. All email details and photos are destroyed after a month of the photos taken so no contact details are kept by the photographer
- Your contact data is gathered upon registration to enable your class leader to keep you informed of classes, dates to rebook, any holidays, any cancellations or special events and to monitor that the age of your baby is in accordance with Baby Sensory ages and other related classes (Toddler Sense, Mini Professors and Reading Fairies). Your details are not passed on to any third party.
- Events can include one off special classes (Fathers Day, Christmas Party) or industry awards (e.g. Netmums, What's on 4, Tommy's) where you vote will count towards the final tally from customers of classes. In award situations, your private details are not passed on - just an email with a link is sent to you via your class leader informing you of the award.
- Details are kept until your baby is outside the age range of classes offered from the WOW group (Toddler Sense, Mini Professors, Reading Fairies) which is just before 5 years old.
- After classes have finished (as it is necessary to be able to email you while you are attending classes) you have the right to request, via your class leader, for details to be removed sooner.